We’re looking for born leaders who know how to have fun. You’ll be responsible for entertaining a group of 4–12 people and guiding them through the city (preferably without losing any of them).
You're comfortable moving around Edmonton on foot
You love food and can talk about it reasonably well
You like people and can carry on a conversation
Bonus points if you speak a second language!
We celebrate the unique strengths of each team member and are looking for someone who shares our values and has the experience, drive and skillset to lead the administrative side of our business.
1. Real business needs you will solve – EAT is a new start-up company focused on growth. The Foodie Administrator will deliver memorable guest experiences, develop organizational tools and structures to allow the organization to operate efficiently, and utilize technology to scale up.
2. Management Style – At Epicurean Adventure Tours, we believe in providing team members with a general framework and relying on the individual to find the best way of getting the job done. Once you have completed the initial job shadowing and training, you will be given the freedom to find the best way of accomplishing the tasks at hand. We believe in not restricting team members to how things have been done in the past, but encourage you to find the best way of doing things going forward. Feedback is provided periodically and ideas exchange is encouraged.
3. Why you will love this job –A key reason team members enjoy working at Epicurean Adventure Tours is the pleasure of working with supportive team members who are happy to assist when needed, and enjoy the satisfaction of working with an organization that’s on a mission to be the best they can be. If you are the inquisitive and critical thinking individual that we are looking for, you will fit right in and be encouraged and supported. 4. Because we want to be brutally honest and tell you exactly how it is – This position is funded in part by the government of Canada, therefore you must be:
▪ between the ages of 15 and 30;
▪ Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
The candidate we are looking for must have an open schedule throughout the summer, and able to work a minimum of five days a week from 8:30 am onwards.
Qualities & Skills - Possess strong organizational skills; - A critical thinker who is resourceful; - Demonstrates creativity in solving problems; - Takes control of situations; - Possess a high level of professionalism; - Handles pressure with ease; - A great communicator who keeps the rest of the team informed and organized; - Possess great telephone manners; - Is independent and thrives in an autonomous work environment.
Responsibilities - Develop organizational systems, work processes to create a systematic way of doing things at Epicurean Adventure Tours - Keep abreast of new technology and testing them out to determine if it might help move the organization forward - Handle private tour booking requests - Provide guest services by phone and email - Maintain tour schedule, adding and cancelling tours as needed - Process incoming tour bookings - Create memorable experiences for guests - Confirm upcoming tours with tasting locations - Support tour guides with order changes and contacting guests as required - Share reviews and press coverage with tasting locations - Create and send invoices, track payment receipts - Lead the occasional food tour.
If you possess the qualities we are looking for, please apply now by emailing email@example.com with all of the following:
- Exactly 300 words in a Word Document, explaining why you would make the perfect Foodie Administrator for Epicurean Adventure Tours
- Expected hourly rate
- Subject line should read – Foodie Administrator Application: First and last name Incomplete applications will not be considered. We are looking for someone with immediate availability. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone or email inquiries please. This position closes when the position is filled.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to tell us what your favourite food is!